The Crow collection is a nod to 1994 when I was 14 (!-latchkey kid living near a theater) and saw The Crow at Oak Tree Cinemas (hey, #northseattle). A dark movie for many reasons indeed, but somehow that darkness sat beside my angsty teenaged self while I navigated the highs and lows of everything about being a 14-year old girl (first period, divorced parents, leaving my K-8 elementary school, besties going to a different high school, etc.). Maybe the theme of avenging one's death paralleled the frustration of growing pains mixed with the excitement of the inevitable changes barreling toward me. Nowadays, though, when I think about this movie, I am comforted by memories of grunge music, 107.7 the end, the stranger (#SavageLove) incense, real vintage 70s finds for nothin' in the early days of @valuevillage, Mary Jane Doc Martens, and collaged bedroom walls. And one day soon, as promised by my 14 year old self, I will have the image of my favorite corvid tattooed on me. What do you remember about 1994?
- Handmade in Seattle, WA, USA
- Hypoallergenic 20mm hoops are gold-filled.
- Logo-charms are raw brass.
- Each design measures 4.5" from the top of hoop to the tip of the longest point.
- Approx 1.5 grams per earring (think long paperclip).
- Ethically sourced calfskin.